Entertaining a family can get quite expensive these days. We definitely have to get creative sometimes in order to stay on budget. Though a challenging task not impossible.
Here are 5 suggestions on ways to spend quality family time together spending little or no money:
- Grab a picnic basket and prepare a few sandwiches and fruits. Add some tempting sweet treats and drive to the nearest park, lake or beach. Toss a Frisbee or a football. My kids get a kick out of seeing me climb a tree and yes even roll down a hill right alongside them.
- Time to dust off those bicycles or skate boards and hit the road. If you want a change in scenery go to the nearest park or pick a neighborhood you love driving by and bike/skate there instead. Then drop on by Dairy Queen for a BOGO Blizzard, Register here for coupons.
- Redbox to the rescue…you can use this promo code for a free rental and choose a flick everyone will enjoy. Free Redbox Code: DVDONME (ongoing)
- Visiting model homes has always been a fun outing for us. Might sound strange to some of you but hey they enjoy themselves and I love going to get decorating ideas. It’s a win, win. The kids love going from room to room. They especially love exploring with their cousins.
- Freebie dinner, yep that’s right I said “freebie”. I’ve been getting restaurant gift cards from mypoints. If you’ve never heard of it you’re missing out. Check them out at mypoints.com . You’ll thank me later. ツ
Family is important and the kids are growing up way faster than we’d like. I encourage you all to take advantage of the time you have with your family.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
I hope you enjoyed this list. I’d love it if you let me know of any activities you’re doing with your family that are free or frugal. ツ